Aspa Media Ltd (“we” “us” and “our”) operates the spellaid.co.uk web site and a number of mobile applications, including but not limited to Spell Aid (the “Service”). “we” “us” and “our” means Aspa Media Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales. “you” and “your” means the person who wishes to use the website and any of our mobile applications.
ASPA MEDIA Ltd owns Spell Aid. This policy outlines information about our commitment to your privacy in relation to Spell Aid, and its products and services.
If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact us by email – email@example.com. “website” means a site on the World Wide Web located at www.spellaid.co.uk.
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information when you use our Service.
Information Collection And Use
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to, your email address, name, other information (“Personal Information”). We collect this information for the purpose of providing the Service, identifying and communicating with you, responding to your requests/inquiries, servicing your purchase orders, and improving our services.
Registration forms, surveys, orders and software
Site registration forms, surveys and/or order submissions may require users to give us contact information, including your name, email address, delivery address and telephone number.
We use this information to fulfil delivery of ordered products and services.
If the user receives software from us, we will use that information to send essential updates about software improvements. These are occasional and deemed in the interest of the user to receive such updates.
We don’t use contact information to send regular updates to users about the company, its products or its services unless the user explicitly opts in.
When we conduct surveys we may keep a record of the following respondent details:
– Full name, email address, postal address, place of work or study, occupation.
– Other qualitative and quantitative information relevant to the survey.
We may keep a record of the following details about users subscribed to our updates and notifications:
– Full name, email address, telephone number, professional workplace address, occupation, work organisation, IP address, machine ID.
We may also keep a record about products and services users have received from us.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to fulfil orders. We may use user information to diagnose problems with our server; understand users’ needs; improve the usability of our website; gain insight into usage of our products and services; provide a better service to users; and for our own internal record keeping. This information may also be used to help identify you and your shopping cart, track referrals, prevent or report incidents of credit card fraud, or for other purposes deemed reasonable and necessary by us.
Any user who has received software from us, either paid for or free, is deemed a legitimate user of our software and therefore may be sent essential updates, via our Third Party email platform, about newly available software upgrades. In the majority of cases the frequency equates to one or two updates a year. In each instance an unsubscribe link is included.
We do not share your information with any Third Party so that they can target you with associated marketing, or for any purpose other than those referenced in this document.As a small company, we use third party platforms as an essential component of our operations in order to fulfil orders, run webinars, deliver online training, and disseminate email communications. The auxiliary platforms act on our behalf as data processers and meet strict data policies including GDPR.
Based on guidance around GDPR, we have made every effort to ensure our user’s rights are observed and upheld. Below, we have outlined your rights below and our obligations in relation to how we handle your information.
– The right to be informed encompasses our obligation to provide “fair processing information”, which we have outlined in our privacy notice.
– The right of access allows individuals the right to access their personal data and supplementary information, which you can do by contacting us at the details given at the beginning of this statement. You may request access to information we hold about you. We may charge a “reasonable fee” when a request is manifestly unfounded, excessive or repetitive. This fee will be based on the administrative cost of providing the information. We will provide information without delay and within a month (30 days). Where requests are complex or numerous, we may extend the deadline to three months. However, we will still respond to your request within a month to explain why the extension is necessary.
– The right to rectification gives individuals the right to have personal data rectified. Personal data can be rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete. You can update your details with us through the methods outlined in this statement.
– The right to erasure enables an individual to request the deletion or removal of personal data where there is no compelling reason for its continued processing. You can delete your information stored with us through the methods outlined in this statement.
– The right to restrict processing. Individuals have a right to “block” or suppress processing of personal data. When processing is restricted, we are permitted to store the personal data, but not further process it. We can retain just enough information about you to ensure that the restriction is respected in future.
– The right to data portability allows individuals to obtain and reuse their personal data for their own purposes across different services. It allows them to move, copy or transfer personal data easily from one IT environment to another in a safe and secure way, without hindrance to usability. You can achieve this by contacting us using the contact details given at the beginning of this statement.
– The right to object allows individuals the right to object to the processing of their personal data in certain circumstances. Individuals have an absolute right to stop their data being used for direct marketing. We may be able to continue processing if we can show we have a compelling reason for doing so. However, you may object verbally or in writing and we have one calendar month to respond to an objection.
Rights in relation to automated decision-making and profiling. The GDPR provides safeguards for individuals against the risk that a potentially damaging decision is taken without human intervention. We send automated emails when users place orders to confirm their order; when users validate their product or service to confirm their registration and provide helpful tips to get them started. Automated emails in this capacity are deemed essential and legitimate.Automated emails may include an unsubscribe link for users provide an unsubscribe.
When you access the Service by or through a mobile device, we may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use and other statistics (“Log Data”).
In addition, we may use third party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor and analyze this type of information in order to increase our Service’s functionality. These third party service providers have their own privacy policies addressing how they use such information.
Please see the section regarding Location Information below regarding the use of your location information and your options.
We may use and store information about your location depending on the permissions you have set on your device. We use this information to provide features of our Service, to improve and customise our Service. You can enable or disable location services when you use our Service at anytime, through your mobile device settings.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. The Help feature on most browsers provide information on how to accept cookies, disable cookies or to notify you when receiving a new cookie.
If you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some features of our Service and we recommend that you leave them turned on.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service, to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services and/or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Information only to perform specific tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use your information for any other purpose.
We may use your Personal Information to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send.
Compliance With Laws
We will disclose your Personal Information where required to do so by law or subpoena or if we believe that such action is necessary to comply with the law and the reasonable requests of law enforcement or to protect the security or integrity of our Service.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, and we strive to implement and maintain reasonable, commercially acceptable security procedures and practices appropriate to the nature of the information we store, in order to protect it from unauthorized access, destruction, use, modification, or disclosure.
Users can request for their information to be deleted from our records. Write or email using the address at the beginning of this statement.
However, please be aware that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and we are unable to guarantee the absolute security of the Personal Information we have collected from you.
Your information, including Personal Information, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside United Kingdom and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the information, including Personal Information, to United Kingdom and process it there.
Links To Other Sites
We have no control over, and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Only persons age 18 or older have permission to access our Service. Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 16 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. If you are a parent or guardian and you learn that your Children have provided us with Personal Information, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Information from a children under age 16 without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Spell Aid apps privacy
We will not attempt, facilitate, or encourage others to identify anonymous users or reconstruct user profiles based on data collected from depth and/or facial mapping tools (e.g. ARKit, Camera APIs, or Photo APIs), or data that has been collected in an “anonymized,” “aggregated,” or otherwise non-identifiable way. We will not use or transmit someone’s personal data without first obtaining their permission and providing access to information about how and where the data will be used.
Data collected from apps will not be used or shared with third parties for purposes unrelated to improving the user experience or software/hardware performance connected to the app’s functionality, or to serve advertising in compliance with the Apple Developer Program License Agreement.
Apps using Apple Pay will only share user data acquired via Apple Pay with third parties to facilitate or improve delivery of goods and services.
Data gathered from the HomeKit API or from depth and/or facial mapping tools (e.g. ARKit, Camera APIs, or Photo APIs) will not be used for advertising or other use-based data mining, including by any third parties.
Updated May 21st 2018